Saturday, March 29, 2014

Free as the bird

This week we are giving Spring a warm welcome, and what greater way to celebrate the gorgeous bird singing that makes us all notice the change of season?!!!

I have dug deeeeeep into my LLC box (and believe me, that box is filled with yummyness) to find a image to match this week's theme: Birds! 
At the bottom I found an old Riddersholm Design Image and it was just perfect for my card:

"Free as the bird" with papers from Pion Design's "Flower Frame" collection. I have tested to scrap with a few more layers than I normally do, using Kraft behind the colored papers. I think the tone on the paperbag and the birdcage was a perfect match to my "earthy" card.
I found this bird's nest charm in my box too! Gave it a brush of gesso, along with the flowers and the rest of my card. The birdcage is from Maya Road, and I used distress ink on it before I applied some gesso to it.

Hope you all are getting a hint of Spring these days, and if not... it's just around the corner, I'm sure ;)

Hugs & Kisses
Elin

4 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooo beautiful I love it!! So sorry to see you leaving you are an inspiration to all that visit here hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Elin!!! Your work as always...STUNNING!! I'd love to be able to see that deeeepppp box of LLC goodies!! You just can never have enough of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb card with a great shape. I love it!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies, such kind comments!

    ReplyDelete