Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ice Skate Tag

Hello everyone, Elin with you today. It's Saturday once again, time flies by!! And before we know it, it's December and Christmas. That's why I appreciate these kind of themes: ICE <3
That gives me the chance to finish some Christmas cards, and let me tell you: I have got a new passion!
It's named Ice Skates <3<3<3
 So let me tell you the story behind this Christmas tag.. a few weeks ago I was at this big gathering for scrappers. And all around me ppl were talking away about these skates: Tim Holtz big and small skate dies, Marianne Design skate dies, vintage images of SKATES! And I was like wtf is up with this "ice skate" mania?!? Then I got to test one and well.... I get it :D They are freeking fab! And they are screaming winter, snow, ice, fun and Christmas. Just look at these sweeties:
The papers I have used on my tag are from Maja Design's Vintage Summer Basics collection. It proves that pretty summer papers fit for winter projects :)  I have used a Prima tag as base here, and after adding my design paper I have had some fun with snow-tex. Remeber that white snowy thick feeling of it? Well it turns out to be perfect with stencils. Here  I have used a stare stencil and added snow-tex with a slice. It dries rather quick, but if you are inpatient like me, a heat gun speed up the drying part.
I have added snow-tex to my edges. The text strips are printed from my computer, but now you can get lovely word strips from the LLC store too! Check out the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chitchat Stickers.
The lace used here, can of course also be be found at the store. 
Added a bit of Sandy's Handmade shabby seam binding on top of the tag; here both blue and white seam binding. The "Post stamps" used here, are from Inkido. And I have used distress ink to mark the details on the ice skates.

Now comes the list of stuff to use, if you wanna try to make a tag like this :)

Wishing you all a great weekend.
Hugs & Kisses
Elin.


2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful ! Blue, white and skates really screams for winter ! Just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful frosty tag from Elin!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete