Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blingy Baby Box

Hi everyone,
It's Sandy here, hijacking Becky's day to post. :-D I should have posted this yesterday, but ran out of time, so please scroll down or click here to see Becky's beautiful bling card.

Yesterday I attended a Baby Shower and for the occassion I made a box. Well, I did not actually make the box myself; technically speaking I only decorated the box.

 For some weird reason, the image looks more purple than pink in the pics I took outside. 
I found some old chipboard letters in a drawer; they were green, so I painted them white with gesso and then applied “Victorian Velvet” Stickles. For the flowers and Tilda’s wings I used my all time favourite glitter, Stardust Stickles.

The puffy pink flower is from Prima; I bought these flowers a while ago, but since they are so large, I find it a bit difficult to put them on cards. The cream Gardenia and the pink Hortensia (inked with Victorian Velvet) flowers are both from Papercraft Scandinavia, the roses from WOC. The crystal pins are from Maya Road, and so is the wooden butterfly (also painted with Gesso), which I added some Liquid Pearls – White Opal to. I glued Pearl String all around the lid (took a lot of patience…:-) ) The sentiment is an Idea-ology Adage ticket; I also used several of those for the edges of the box.


The lace I used for the edge of the lid is Camille. I also used some of the “Ash Rose” Seam Binding  to tie on a couple of charms; Merry Go Round Horse (love, love, love this one) and a Butterfly (which I painted white). I wasn’t actually going to decorate the inside, but then I did such a lousy job on the painting (used Gesso again – note to self; buy larger paint brush ), that I didn’t have any choice… LOL


The paper here on the inside of the lid is “Pink Butterfly” from Pion Design’s “Studio of Memories” collection. I also made the Vintage tag from this paper. The papers I used for the inside of the box itself are also from this collection; “Pink Ornament” & “Small Leaves“.

The vintage picture and the tickets for notes were cut from Maja Design’s “Memories“, the text strip from 1910. I did have Latin in school, but that was ages ago, and Latin not being one of those languages I use on a daily basis, I had to look up the meaning of “Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis” – “Times change, and we change with them”. Thought it was fitting for this box that little Ariana hopefully will use as a keepsake box for many years to come. I used 1922 for the lid and 1910 for the box, all from the Vintage Summer Basic Collection. Sweet Sleeping Baby Tilda was coloured with Copics (V0000, RV91, RV93 & RV95).

I hope you have enjoyed the Design Team's blingy projects this week.
Remember that currently all blingy products such as broaches, pearls, pins, and charms but also glitter and accents are 20% off at the Live & Love Crafts' Store!


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Hugz, Sandy






4 comments:

  1. What an adorable gift to get, and dont you just love to give stuff like this? Good job Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo Gorgeous & unique x
    This will be treasured for ever x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Sandy! Love it! Looks wonderful inside and out!
    Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Sandy what a super gift well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete